Advice & Guidance



Drug abuse, if not dealt with can often ruin your life and relationships with fiends and loved ones. Illegal drugs can be placed into three categories, class A, B or C. They are categorised on their harmfulness either to the user or society when misused.

If you or someone you know has a drug addiction there are a number of organisations you can contact for help and advice such as Talk to FRANK. This is a user friendly designed website focusing on drugs/drug use and how to get help.

For more information click the following link

or call 0300 123 6600


Over consumption of alcohol, more commonly known as 'binge drinking' is when someone drinks heavily in a short space of time to get drunk or feel the effects of alcohol. It is estimated that 40% of A&E admissions are diagnosed with alcohol related illnesses or injuries, often caused by binge drinking.

If you are concerned about your own or somebody else’s drinking habits, a good first step is to visit your GP where you can discuss the problem and get advice on the services and treatments available.

Other information and support available includes:

Alcoholics anonymous

Telephone: 0800 9177 650

Alcohol Change

Telephone: 020 3307 8480